Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Episode 6 Return of the Fly Guy



In my spare time, when I'm not doing the things that I really enjoy doing, I mold young minds. No, I don't use clay. I'm talking actual minds. As crazy as it seems, I am a teacher and one of the stories that my students read is a series about a fly name Fly Guy. 


All the ladies love me


Needless to say (if it's needless why are you saying it? Oh, shut up!) There are plenty of misadventures for this poor little fly who loves gooey, smelly food and he is Pretty Fly for a Fly Guy. Oh, I'm just full of them, maybe it's because this is so late or maybe it's because of the pain killers I just took after pulling stumps out of my backyard. Who wants to paint?

I was able to finish the skin tones on the Nephilim this week, all in all I like them. They're not going to win me any P3 painting tournaments, but I can use them in Hardcore if I wanted to and that's good enough for me at this point. I was also able to paint all of the spiny, pointy bits. 

Hassan Chop!!!






In order to finish off the skin I used a 1:1 mix of Dark Highlight and Golden Shadow followed by a final highlight of straight Golden Shadow. The spiney, pointy bits started with a base of Bone Shadow, then Aged Bone and finish with Polished bone. 


Shiny happy Nephilim chopping skulls . . .
I was able to put on a basecoat of Honed Steel on most of the shiny metal parts. The only ones I didn't have time to do was the Protector and the Succubus. I'll get them done this week and hope to be finished with this project too.



Well, that's it for this week. Let's hope that I have these finished next week.

-woof

Darth Murphy, Dark Lord of Puppies




1 comment: